Sunday 27 October 2013

New challenge

Walking into a class part way through the year seems fraught with challenges, although I've never started with a class at the beginning of the year yet, so I don't really know any different. (Maybe next year... Keep your fingers crossed for me!) And even though we're only 7 weeks away from the end of the school year I'm about to do it again. I'm not leaving my beautiful 3/4 class, but will be spending the remainder of each week with an upper primary special needs class. Their regular teacher is taking long service leave and my school has offered this exciting opportunity to me.

I'm excited, but also quite nervous. New classes always have this effect on me, but perhaps never more so than this one: I've never split my time between two classes before; I've never pulled an extended stint in a special needs classroom before; I'll be co-teaching with someone new; there are reports to write (for my 3/4 class not the new one); and the summer/Christmas holidays are right around the corner so everyone's going to be more than a little excited. It's going to be a challenge.


But I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment